I am a member of the LEGEND (fundamental neutrino nature at Gran Sasso) and ATLAS (top quarks at LHC) Collaborations. I have also worked on the CDF (b-physics at Tevatron) and JUNO (neutrino oscillations in China) experiments.
Here you can find my full CV in downloadable, pdf format.
- Since 2017: Associate Professor in particle physics at the Department of Mathematics and Physics of Roma Tre University, Italy
- 2014-2017: Assistant Professor in particle physics at the Department of Mathematics and Physics of Roma Tre University, with a R.L.Montalcini grant
- 2011-2014: Research Associate (post-doc) at the School of Physics and Astronomy at Queen Mary University of London, UK
- 2008-2011: Post-doc at NIKHEF, The Netherlands
- 2007-2008: Research Associate (post-doc) at University of Washington
- 2004-2007: PhD in physics at La Sapienza University, Italy
- Now: Group leader (PI) of local LEGEND group at Roma Tre
- Now: L3 LAr veto FE electronics, LEGEND-1000 project
- 2016-2019: Convener of simulation validation and production group, JUNO experiment
- 2016-2019: Member of several technical review committees, JUNO experiment
- 2016-2019: Italian physics coordinator in the JUNO experiment
- 2016: Representative of the Level-1 muon trigger at the Menu coordination group, ATLAS experiment
- 2013-2015: Editor in charge of the publication and convener of the analysis team for ttH in leptons, ATLAS experiment
- 2012-2013: Convener of the ATLAS Top UK national group
- 2011-2012: Member of the Local Organizing Committee of the TOP2012 conference and Chief Editor of the conference proceedings ( J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 452 (2013), http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/452/1 )
- 2011-2012: Convener, Top Quark reconstruction group, ATLAS experiment
- 2010-2011: Analysis coordinator, muon momentum resolution, ATLAS experiment
Awards and fellowships:
- 2013 Winner of the Italian “Rita Levi Montalcini” fellowship awarded to outstanding junior faculty, with a personal 3-year start-up research budget.
Invited talks at international conferences:
- Aug 2019: “Top quark measurements with the ATLAS detector”, 19th Lomonosov conference on elementary particle physics, Moscow, Russia
- Jun 2018: “Solar neutrinos with the JUNO experiment”, 5th International Solar Neutrino Conference, Dresden, Germany
- Aug 2017: “Status and physics potential of JUNO”, 18th Lomonosov conference on elementary particle physics, Moscow, Russia
- Jan 2016: “Top quark production measurements using the ATLAS detector at the LHC”, 6th International Workshop on High Energy Physics in the LHC Era, Valparaiso, Chile
- Dec 2014: “Search for the Higgs boson in the ttH production mode using the ATLAS detector”, Kruger 2014 conference on discovery physics at the LHC, Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Jul 2012: “Measurement of the Top quark mass” , 36th International Conference on High Energy Physics (ICHEP 2012), Melbourne, Australia.
- Sep 2010: “ATLAS Electroweak results” , The XIX International Workshop on High Energy Physics and Quantum Field Theory, Golitsyno, Moscow, Russia.
- Oct 2009: “Results from the ATLAS Barrel Level-1 Muon Trigger timing studies using combined trigger and offline tracking” 2009 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference (IEEE NSS MIC 09), Orlando, FL, USA
- Jul 2006: “Measurement of Bs oscillations at CDF” 7th International Conference on Hyperons, Charm And Beauty Hadrons (BEACH06), Lancaster, UK.
- Apr 2006: “Measurement of Bs oscillation frequency at CDF” Incontri di Fisica delle Alte Energie, Pavia, Italy
- 2021: "The LEGEND experiment", EPAP, KCL, UK
- 2017: “Status and physics potential of the JUNO experiment”, invited seminar at the DPNC, Faculte' de Physique, Universite' de Geneve, Switzerland
- 2015: “Search for the associated production of Higgs bosons and top quarks
at √s=7-8 TeV with the ATLAS detector at LHC”, invited seminar at the Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 2013: “Top quark physics at LHC: from precision measurements to gateway for
new physics” University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- 2011: “Experimental status of Top quark physics at LHC” NExT Institute workshop, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
- 2010: “Measurement of the Top quark pair production at ATLAS with the first data from LHC” CPPM Laboratory Seminar, Centre de Physique de Particules de Marseille, Marseille, France
- 2009: “Early Top physics with ATLAS at the LHC”, Physics@FOM Veldhoven 2009
- 2006: “Bs and sensitivity to new physics at CDF”, Third workshop on b physics, Parma, Italy,
Student supervision: I have supervised more than 15 students, at Bachelor, Master and PhD level on the CDF, ATLAS, JUNO and LEGEND-200 experiments.
- Most of them are still working in physics research, with academic or research positions
- Some now work in finance or programming
Academic responsibilities and roles
- 2022 - now: member of Collegio di Dottorato in fisica, Roma Tre
- 2022 - now: member of the Teaching Committee for physics (Commissione Didattica di Fisica) at the Department of mathematics and physics at Roma Tre
- 2019 - 2022: Erasmus+ local coordinator for physics at Roma Tre
- 2018: member of the Selection Committee for the PhD in accelerator physics at La Sapienza University
- 2014 - now: member of the Student-Staff joint committee (Commissione Paritetica) of the Department of mathematics and physics at Roma Tre
- 2016 - 2019: member of the Teaching Committee for physics (Commissione Didattica di Fisica) at the Department of mathematics and physics at Roma Tre